Art + NFT Technology Competition
January 30 - April 3
Submission Deadline: April 3, 2023 | Announcement of Winners, April 19, 2023
Submit Your Original Artwork!
The National FinTech Center, in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts and the School of Architecture, announce a unique digital art competition for students at Morgan State University.
House of First has offered to create NFTs (non-fungible tokens) from the winning artwork (on a supported blockchain platform).
Guidelines for Digital Art Design Competition:
- Must be a Morgan State University Student
- The subject of the competition is to depict a) an event, b) a person or c) an object (a physical item or place, a building, groups of buildings, or an area) that was transformational in the history of Morgan State University. House of First has provided $2,000 as a prize for the winning artist in each of the three categories.
- Entries should be original designs and must be the work of the student submitting them.
- Entries should be in digital formats, such as JPEG, PNG, or TIFF.
- The file size should be 631 pixels X 631 pixels.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Entries must include a title and a brief (100 words or less) explanation of the design and its significance to the history of Morgan State University.
- Entries should be submitted by the deadline specified by the organizer.
- The NFTs of the winning entries will be auctioned, and the proceeds will be shared between the artists, their academic departments, and the National FinTech Center for Art+Technology projects at Morgan.
- The National FinTech Center reserves the right to use the winning design for promotional and marketing materials.
- By submitting an entry, students agree to the terms and conditions of the competition and allow their artwork to be used for marketing and promotional purposes.